Join Our Team
We are interested in employing people who are enthusiastic, hard working, energetic and passionate about good food. From time to time we require new people to join the Sabato team and will post details of positions available below.
To apply for any of the roles listed take the time to produce a cover letter that reflects who you are and why you want the position. Attach your CV and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Warehouse & Operations Manager
· Hands-on operational management role
· New Zealand owned and operated family business
· Mt Eden location, with parking
Here’s a great opportunity to take on a broad role in a well-established business that is a leader in its field. Reporting to the General Manager this position plays an integral part in the day to day running of our small, but complex business. With seven direct reports and a team of twelve, the role is responsible for managing the teams and functions of Warehousing & Distribution, Food Services (including Food Safety) and the Commercial Kitchen. The position also holds oversight of the facilities and IT functions which are supported by contractors.
Critical to the success of this role will be someone who is fully conversant with stock management in a detailed and complex operation and can implement processes and utilise systems that will support the business in the management of all stock movements. You will be strongly numerical and fully conversant with MS Excel and preferably familiar with MYOB EXO or a similar business management and accounting software package.
The role will suit someone with high energy and enthusiasm that is used to being autonomous and leading their area, with a strong sense of self-motivation and drive. In a company our size it’s never ‘not my job’. You will still need to roll your sleeves up to support the team at busy times, stepping into some of the day to day when needed.
The position is based at our Mount Eden premises and is a full-time permanent salaried role with working hours from Monday to Friday 8:00am – 4:30pm. The nature of the role does require some flexibility to be available for call outs and other ad hoc requirements.
We are passionate about fine food and love what we do, so if you’re like minded, this business will be right up your alley!
Your key responsibilities would include:
• Working closely with:
o the Warehouse team to ensure accuracy, timely dispatch of orders and maximum productivity
o the Food Services team to ensure are products repackaged to Sabato specifications and in line with food safety standards
o the Commercial Kitchen to ensure high quality product is produced in a timely way whilst fully complying with all food safety and health & safety requirements
o Purchasing & Logistics to ensure delivery deadlines are met and costs managed
• Strong stock control including verifying inward and outward stock movements, stocktaking and stock rotation
• Overseeing building and equipment maintenance, IT systems, security & communications
• Ensuring the business is MAF, NZFSA and HSE Act compliant
Your background, experience and attributes will include:
• Previous operational leadership and management experience in a similar sized business
• Excellent commercial acumen with strong planning and organisation skills
• Experience in a business with an importing component
• Foodservice and/or food production experience is desirable, but not essential
• Experience as an MPI Transitional Facilities Operator (TFO) or a willingness to complete the training required to achieve certification
• Full NZ driver’s licence
• Good level of physical fitness
• Excellent verbal and written English communication
If this sounds like you, along with your CV, please send a personalised cover letter and in this please include why the position and company is of interest and what you would bring to the role to email@example.com.
This role would be perfect for a junior chef, kitchenhand or passionate foodie with relevant skills, wanting to get their foot in the door of this exciting industry. The role will offer thorough in-house training in a range of new skills within our small but enthusiastic production kitchen team alongside tutelage from some industry leaders with whom we collaborate.
The position will be predominately in our commercial kitchen, though as a business we operate as a team so there will be cross training and time spent in other areas as required.
Your key responsibilities would include:
• Assisting in the day to day operations of the kitchen
• Helping with all aspects of cooking and food prep
• Following recipes accurately
• Upkeep of cleaning standards as set by your manager
• Packing and labeling Sabato branded products
• Processing and packing of stock
• Quality control and stock rotation
• Lifting and shifting heavy/bulky items regularly
Skills and experience:
• A keen palate alongside a good knowledge of cuisine and cooking
• Minimum 1 year experience in a similar position
• An understanding of food safety programmes
• The ability to follow processes while using common sense
• Can work autonomously and as part of a team
• A great attitude and the ability to have fun while working
• Excellent written and verbal English and communication skills
Applicants must be eligible to work in NZ
This permanent role is 5 days a week, working 8:30am – 5pm, Tuesday – Saturday. Some flexibility is required to be available during peak production times.
If this sounds like the job for you and you are looking to be part of a collaborative team, and an organisation that values its people, please send your CV and a covering letter outlining why you are the right candidate for this role to firstname.lastname@example.org.